Place Your Order Today

Click HERE to Place Your Stampin' Up Order

Saturday, July 12, 2014

I Would Like to Introduce You to Our Daughter

Now...
Before I continue with my story, I want to divide my posts into two sections.  Many of you will want to know how Robin is feeling today--right now.  So, I will give a brief update at the beginning of each post until I complete the background information of our journey.  I am not sure how long it will take for me to catch up to the present, so bear with me, please.

Currently, Robin is preparing for the start of a parasite protocol.  She was to begin this regimen on June 29th, but her doctor called on June 24th to tell her that she had a UTI.  All treatment for Lyme and co-infections are on hold until she finishes the antibiotic to fight the UTI.  She finished this on Friday, so on Monday, we pick up where we left off.  She has an IVP scheduled for Monday morning to check for kidney stones.  On Tuesday, she will begin the parasite protocol.  I will write more about that on Tuesday.

We must have something to focus on other than Lyme Disease.  In April of 2013, Robin and I opened The Rounded Corner.  You will learn more about our Etsy store in future posts, but today I want to share a picture of an order we finished this week.  Creating beautiful cards is good therapy for someone facing long, sleepless nights and never ending pain.



And Then...
As the title of my post promises, I want to introduce you to our daughter, Robin.  For family and long-time friends who may be reading this, I hope you will not think too harshly of me for boasting about the precious gift God gave us on January 28, 1989.  From birth, she has been a joy to our family.  She has been our stabilizer when relationships were unraveling.  She has been our comedian when laughter had escaped our home.  She has been our strength when there were tough jobs to do.  Athlete, musician, leader and friend - Robin's list of qualities goes on and on!  Healthy and strong in mind, body and spirit!

The trip to Honduras that I mentioned in my last post, occurred the summer before Robin's Senior year of high school.  Today I am sharing some photos from her Junior year, before her health started to decline.

Robin is on the right.  Celebrating Kristin's 16th birthday!


Playing with intensity!




Fun with cousins at Christmas!

Vacationing at Myrtle Beach

Helping around the house.

Homecoming Representative for her Junior class.

Marshall for graduation ceremony.

I apologize for so many pictures.  This is going to be harder than I thought.  Going through old photos reminds me of how vibrant and outgoing Robin was before she became ill.  

No comments:

Post a Comment