Place Your Order Today

Click HERE to Place Your Stampin' Up Order

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside!

I know it it is the middle of the winter, but we are not used to this many cold days in a row here in North Carolina. It was 22 degrees this morning and tonight it is going down to 19--brrrrrr! So, what do I find to entertain myself on cold days like this? Well, the oatmeal cookies are almost done and I have a bowl of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ready to bake. Yesterday, I was able to do some stamping and I wanted to share my creations with you before we get into another week.

I have a secret sister at church and her birthday is next week. I found this really pretty notepad in Marshall's the other day and I used it for inspiration in making the nugget box. I will use the Happy Birthday flower to decorate the gift bag or box when I get the rest of the gift together. This was a great project for using my die cut machine. Oh what fun I had!


The next project also using my Big Shot. This time I used the pillow box die. But, there was a slight problem. The finished box was not big enough for the hand sanitizer that I wanted to put in the box. So, I cut two pillow boxes. The first one I cut down the middle. Then I cut the ends off the other one and added this center to the middle of the two pieces of the first pillow box--does that make sense? I used score tape to attach the three pieces together. Then I finished the box as you normally would. Next I added a band of designer paper to cover the seams and some ribbon and there you go. I was pretty happy with the results!















Now one last thing to share. I am hosting a Birthday Card Workshop this week and this is a set of cards that I made featuring the current In-Colors. I love the Uppsy Daisy set and this technique. Hope you have enjoyed my projects today and come back soon to see new items!



No comments:

Post a Comment